Friday, March 9

Gestational Diabetes



Well, I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes this week.  I'm fairly bummed about it.  I've been having a hard enough time eating at all and now I have to follow a pretty strict diet.  I'll see a dietician next week and will learn how to use a glucometer.  I'm getting closer to accepting it, hopefully I'll have a better outlook after meeting with the dietician. 

Kurt and I got to see the baby on Wednesday and he's doing fine.  (I don't know that he's a he, I just like having an actual pronoun.)  I go in for another appointment this morning.  I can't figure out how to convert a .pdf to a .jpeg.  When I get it figured out (really, when I make Kurt do it) I'll post pictures. 


3 comments:

K.E.N said...

Can't wait to see pictures and I'm sorry about gestational diabetes, that really bites. Glad everything else is going well.

Hillary said...

I'm sorry for this additional hardship you have to face, but glad that the baby is doing well. It will be fun to see the pictures. How many weeks are you now?

Heather said...

I'm 15 weeks this week.