Thursday, October 27

pumpkins & family business










I'm sure most of you look at our family blog, but just in case, here are our jack-o-lanterns! I'm just happy we actually carved some this year, I was so disappointed that we skipped it last October. Here they are! I like them better with the lights on, so you can see their awesome ears!




Now, to business. I need to know what I'm supposed to have ready by the time we come up for the wedding/Thanksgiving trip.




1. We are exchanging family gifts, correct?


2. We are also doing an adult white-elephant exchange, correct?


3. Are we waiting to give Mom & Dad their present until Christmas? I still haven't received anything from anybody! Not that I've done it myself...


8 comments:

Hillary said...

These are good things for us to discuss because I haven't even thought of them, to be truthful. But I do think Thanksgiving should be when we celebrate Christmas since we will all be together. Man, that doesn't leave me much time to get my act together though. I would say yes to all three of your family business items. I will try very hard to get the things for Mom and Dad's gifts to you soon. Thanks for bringing this up.

Hillary said...

P.S. We need to finalize what to wear for family pictures. The one idea thrown out there was PJs. Does anyone else have any other ideas or is this what we want to go with?

Hillary said...

One other thing I just thought of, do we want to include the kids in the white elephant since they aren't getting individual presents from aunts and uncles this year?

K.E.N said...

I don't want to include my kids, I was hoping we would do it after they went to sleep.
I don't like the pj idea, we don't really have pjs so we would just look sloppy. I like black and white...have we don't that yet?
And I was under the impression we were exchanging presents...I've been busting my butt to get things done, so if no one else is, I am ;)

Hillary said...

Kurt and I discussed it and I think I want my kids involved in the white elephant because I think they would feel left out. I'll just make sure I bring enough presents for them to participate.

We are doing family gifts this year, Kari. Remember we posted the assignments in July? Here they are again.

Hicks family buying for Petersons
K. Hutchinson family buying for Hicks
Hair family buying for J. Hutchinsons
Peterson family buying for K. Hutchinsons
J. Hutchinson family buying for Hairs

We did kind of do black and white last year, only we added red in the mix too. I guess we could just do black and white and that would be a little different.

Another possibility is doing a different solid color for each family (ie. Hicks could wear green, K. Hutchinson could wear purple, etc.)

K.E.N said...

I'm not trying to be difficult, but does there need to be a theme for the picture? Couldnt we just say wear what you want as long as it isn't tattered or have a giant picture on it? We could do jeans, long sleeved shirts that don't have a picture on them, and wear socks. I think that would be the easiest and would still have a nice picture. What about that?

Jana said...

I think white elephant with or without kids is fine. Addie would probably have fun doing it, and Macie will have fun doing whatever everyone else is doing...except I can see the little ones getting upset if their gift is stolen. But I think it's fine, they'll get over it.

As for the picture, I say no to PJs too b/c we don't have any nice ones either. Jeans and a nice, solid-color shirt is fine with me. I might actually be able to come up with that for everyone.

WORK ON YOUR STUFF FOR MOM AND DAD!

K.E.N said...

Oh, I was thinking more of just anything long sleeved-sweaters, stripes-as long as there weren't any pictures. Solids will be harder for us, but not impossible...so if that's what you want to do we can figure it out.

And with white elephant, I'm sure Noah would want to join, but I don't think it would be very enjoyable for everyone else. He will just want to play-so will Lucy-and I just don't know it would be very much fun. I still want them to be in bed.

And we are doing with everything, Jana, I just keep forgetting to send it to you. I'll get it done today or tomorrow.