
Addie on her first day of preschool. She LOVES her preschool (and so do I!). It is a cooperative school, which means it is driven by parents serving on committees and being very very involved in the classroom. We are meeting a lot of great families. Jason is actually going to be visiting in a few weeks to talk to the kids about their eyes. It's a good way to get his name out there, and we like being so involved. In true Addie fashion, though, when I ask her what she did that day she usually just tells me what they had for snack time...she loves food!

Here is Macie, playing Mom, acting all grown up. We started potty-training her about a week ago and she's doing pretty well. She is great at going #1, but still hasn't gone #2 on the potty. Oh well, we'll keep going. She's been fairly enthusiastic about it so far. On Labor Day we had her hair cut into a little bob, and her verbal skills have exploded over the last month or so. She's getting so grown up!

And Carson, our smiley little guy. He's happy as long as I'm nearby. He LOVES anything with wheels--cars, the rolling telephone, and especially our doll strollers. He spends a lot of time spinning and spinning and spinning the wheels, or pushing the toys around the floor infront of him. Still not crawling or even getting himself up into a sitting position, but hopefully soon. He has a doctor appointment in a week to track his weight gain. He's even smaller than Macie was, not on the charts, and actually declining on his own curve (and that is the real concern). I'm trying to beef him up with (what else?!?) lots of cream cheese! Mmmmm...
Can't wait to see you all. Sorry I've been MIA lately from this blog and our family blog. I'll try to be better about posting.
5 comments:
At least you get the snack time comment. When we ask Harvey what he did at school, he invariably replies, "I don't know."
Harvey tarted falling off his curve when he was younger, too. Our doctor had him drink 1 or 2 pedialites a day. Harvey loved that it was chocolate milk. Sometimes we'd mix full fat yogurt or even ice cream in with it. Even with the enhancements it still tasted like sludge to Kurt and me! Good luck with getting Carson to pack on the pounds.
Does playing Mom mean wearing your shoes on the wrong feet?
Pedialite is a good idea. I gave him chocolate milk in a bottle fairly recently and he loved it, and he (of course) loooooves ice cream. We've really just been giving him anything fatty that we have around. I'm curious to see how he does this next week.
Macie is actually wearing Addie's shoes. You thought my feet were that small? :) She has been on a baby kick recently, she'll line up all our baby dolls on the bottom two stairs and feed them, put them to sleep, sing to them, rock them in her arms while talking on the phone, etc. It's pretty cute, but I've tripped on them a couple times!
I didn't mean your (Jana's) shoes, I meant it generally.
Post a Comment