Sunday, October 2

Fall

Marilyn Crofts, Betsy Bennett and I went to the Dexter Cider Mill on Wednesday. Kurt you could go on your lunch hour!
On Friday Dad and I went on our over night trip up North. It rained on Friday practically all the way the up, but we still saw some pretty colors.
I know you all heard me talk about seeing the Effiel Tower in Paris, MI, and here it is.
This is a big trout fountain in front of the historical museum in Kalkaska, MI.

This is a tiny church and the world's largest pie pan just south of Charlevoix, MI.
The clock tower on Little Traverse Bay at Petoskey, MI. We had dinner with Heather's parents at a bar where Ernest Hemmingway used to go. We went to several cider mills along the way and got to see a lot of the state that we've never seen before. Saturday was a beautiful sunny day, which made up for the rain the day before. We had a great time.

5 comments:

Mom said...

I forgot to tell you that the cider mill in Dexter is the longest continually run cider mill in the state. It's been going for over 100 years!

Kurt said...

It looks like you could bake that church in that huge pie pan.

Mom said...

I didn't think of that, we saw something very little and very big, how fun is that?

K.E.N said...

Does the pan still work? It looks beautiful up there.

Mom said...

They did cook a cherry pie in it years ago and got in the Guineas book of world records, but since then someone has cooked an even bigger pie! The slice in the picture is obviously, fake.