Thursday, March 31

Les Mis

Mom and I had the opportunity to attend a production of "Les Miserables" at the Fisher Theater last night (Thursday) with some couples in the ward. It was a pretty decent production (Marius and Cosette were quite good and Val Jean was pretty good) and the scenery was very impressive. They had background scenes using pictures painted by Victor Hugo, the author of the book. They also created 3D picture scenes that moved, such as when Val Jean is carrying Marius in the sewer and when Javert committed suicide.

A special moment occurred during intermission when I was in the restroom. There seemed to be a lot of school age youth attending tonight; maybe it was school night or something. There were a couple of the boys talking in the restroom and one of the said to the other, "Dude, they are singing all the words. I can't understand a thing they are saying." Everyone in our group I repeated that to got a good laugh out of it.

All in all, a nice night out.

1 comment:

Kurt said...

I thought it was just a musical, not an opera. Is there really no regular dialogue?

Black, the color of DESPAIR!