Since all of us were hit by this massive storm last night, I just want to check and make sure that we are all safe. It's hard to stop being a mother and worrying about all of you.
Oh, we are just fine. Now after we shovel out our driveway I might have something different to say. We tried to start our tractor on Monday to make sure we could use it for the pending storm. It wouldn't turn over. We had a friend from church come tinker with it for a couple hours yesterday with no luck. That means we get to dig out the old fashioned way. Not looking forward to it. I don't mind shoveling, but only when it's a couple inches, maybe five. I don't want to shovel eight inches. YUCK!
We are fine here. I worked through the morning at the kitchen table while Harvey rotted his brains with a serious TV binge and Kurt snow-blowed our driveway and sidewalks. Took him nearly 2 hours! We are going to try to get our house back together this afternoon. It's quite a wreck with all of the recent sicknesses.
Eric shoveled our 18 inches of snow for 2 hours-he is going to be sore. We are good-Eric was sent home early from school yesterday and everything in town was shut down today so he got to stay home today too. We've had fun just hanging out. How is it at your house Mom?
We shoveled in shifts. I think we must have gotten at least 10 inches, although the weather man said only 7. We decided not to shovel our whole drive, we were just too tired. I'll go out and do the rest in a day or so. We have it good enough to get in and out of. I'm so thankful we kept our power through it all. Such a blessing.
Wow! I really need to watch the news more often. Down here the homicides are quite sad, so I don't often watch, but I do stay pretty out of touch with what's going on. I am thankful you're all safe and warm, snuggled up at home! If 10 inches were to fall around here everyone would think the world was ending.
Dad worked from home yesterday, so he didn't go out and clear the driveway first thing, he thought he'd wait for the snow to stop. In the mean time, Mr. Morris, the neighbor across the street, came over with his snow blower and cleaned our driveway! So later in the day (when it had snowed another four inches or so), Dad went out and cleaned off our driveway and the Morris' and helped Molly do hers. I haven't even been out of the house since Monday.
Yeah for nice neighbors! Thankfully, we have nice friends who stopped by last night with their plow truck and plowed the rest of our driveway out. It was so nice of them!
8 comments:
Oh, we are just fine. Now after we shovel out our driveway I might have something different to say. We tried to start our tractor on Monday to make sure we could use it for the pending storm. It wouldn't turn over. We had a friend from church come tinker with it for a couple hours yesterday with no luck. That means we get to dig out the old fashioned way. Not looking forward to it. I don't mind shoveling, but only when it's a couple inches, maybe five. I don't want to shovel eight inches. YUCK!
I didn't even know about the storm! Eight inches! Wow! I hope you are all ok as well. Yowzers!
We are fine here. I worked through the morning at the kitchen table while Harvey rotted his brains with a serious TV binge and Kurt snow-blowed our driveway and sidewalks. Took him nearly 2 hours! We are going to try to get our house back together this afternoon. It's quite a wreck with all of the recent sicknesses.
Eric shoveled our 18 inches of snow for 2 hours-he is going to be sore. We are good-Eric was sent home early from school yesterday and everything in town was shut down today so he got to stay home today too. We've had fun just hanging out. How is it at your house Mom?
We shoveled in shifts. I think we must have gotten at least 10 inches, although the weather man said only 7. We decided not to shovel our whole drive, we were just too tired. I'll go out and do the rest in a day or so. We have it good enough to get in and out of. I'm so thankful we kept our power through it all. Such a blessing.
Wow! I really need to watch the news more often. Down here the homicides are quite sad, so I don't often watch, but I do stay pretty out of touch with what's going on. I am thankful you're all safe and warm, snuggled up at home! If 10 inches were to fall around here everyone would think the world was ending.
Dad worked from home yesterday, so he didn't go out and clear the driveway first thing, he thought he'd wait for the snow to stop. In the mean time, Mr. Morris, the neighbor across the street, came over with his snow blower and cleaned our driveway! So later in the day (when it had snowed another four inches or so), Dad went out and cleaned off our driveway and the Morris' and helped Molly do hers. I haven't even been out of the house since Monday.
Yeah for nice neighbors! Thankfully, we have nice friends who stopped by last night with their plow truck and plowed the rest of our driveway out. It was so nice of them!
Post a Comment