Tuesday, February 8

Jellystone Campground

I checked out the website of the Jellystone Campground at Indian River (the one that Heather talked about). It looks like it has lots of fun stuff for the kids to do, such as a pool, miniature golf, hiking trail, outdoor movies at night etc. They have tent sites, a few camping cabins, even pop ups that you can rent to stay it. Why don't all of you look at the site and comment on it here. Heather says that there are other places to camp also if we choose not to go to Jellystone. I think we should make a decision soon however, so that we can get reservations made.

6 comments:

Jana said...

That sounds great! It seems like those of you who don't want to truly camp, will be able to still come and enjoy some level of comfort, while there will be plenty of stuff to do. I like it.

I assume we're planning it for June 16th to 18th. Is that right?

And Hillary, do you still want to run the race in Charlevoix on the 25th? We'll have to go up the night before, maybe stay at Heather's?, and come home that evening. It will be quite a drive (but worth it!) but we will have just done the same long drive the week before. And I don't know if I should sign up for the race until I know what we're sort of doing for the summer. If we get the residency we just interviewed for, it starts July 1st and I might nnot be able to stay that extra week if we need to be packing/moving.

Ok, long comment. Ha.

Hillary said...

So it looks like Alexis is going to have a half day of school on the 16th, so we would just drive up after she got home. Charlie is actually finished with school the week before the kids, so he'll get to come. So we are good for the 16th through the 18th.

Jana, I think you probably should wait until your plans are a little more definite before you sign up for a marathon. Is there a deadline that you have to sign up by? To be honest, I'd rather not drive up to Petoskey two weekends in a row. I will, but if there is another race we could do that might be closer that would be best for me. I mean, there is a marathon right in Flint at the end of August. But, like I said, we should probably wait until you guys know for sure what your summer is going to look like.

K.E.N said...

I think it looks fine...we don't have a tent so unless someone lets us borrow theirs, I think we might have to get the rustic cabin.

Mom said...

We have a tent you can borrow.

Hillary said...

We have tents too, but I think I still may want a cabin.

K.E.N said...

I would love to borrow a tent from someone, thank you, it is the cheapest way to go.