Monday, January 31

Summer Plans, part 2

So I don't know how many of you have been following the comments on the earlier Summer Plans post, so here is an update.

Hillary's kids don't get out of school until June 15th. The Petersons will be leaving for Vegas on, or about, Wed the 22nd. Would everyone be ok having the campout from June 16th (thurs) to maybe the 18th (Saturday)?

As for the race we're hoping to run, it isn't until the 25th. I just checked and there aren't any races any closer to that weekend within driving distance. I'm sure the kids and I could stay an extra week to make it for that race even if Jason can't, but if not, we'll figure something out. In my opinion, having as much family at the campout is the priority. Would that work?

11 comments:

Kurt said...

Works for me! :)

Hillary said...

It should work for us too. I'd be sad if Jason doesn't get to run with us though since he wanted to. Maybe he'll be able to stay and wait too. Jana, does that mean you want to sign up for that race, or do you want to wait and see?

K.E.N said...

It should work for us too.

Hillary said...

So is a go then? Should I actually write it on the calendar? Where are we going to camp?

Dad said...

I think we should still go somewhere around Petoskey. Heather can tell us all of the places to see, and like she said, we will know people there if we need something. Most of us aren't familiar with the area, so it will be fun to see and do new things.

Heather said...

Sounds good to me. What sort of camping experience are we looking for? Personally, my family always camped in a pop-up at Jellystone Park in Indian River. There is a pool in the shape of Michigan with a slide, a mini-golf course, activities with Yogi, etc... If we want more traditional, I can figure that out, too. However, I probably want a site with at least water and electricity. If I can convince Kurt, we will be renting/borrowing a pop-up. I've wanted to buy one since we bought the house and this would be a good test run.

K.E.N said...

I like the idea of the Jellystone Park. Could we still be in tents there? Are there restrooms and showers? That's my kind of camping.

Heather said...

Yes, yes, and yes. Its a fun place to take little kids because it is really geared towards them. There is a playground and an arcade, too.

Hillary said...

Jellystone sounds fun to me. What would it cost?

Jimbobalouis said...

I can't exactly plan that far in advance at the moment considering I don't know what I'll be doing for work around that time, but I'll definitely put it in my calendar as time to take off if need be.

Jana said...

Jellystone sounds Jelly-licious!