Friday, January 14

Some baby news

We went to the doctor today to see if there's anything Heather can do to help with the bad headaches she's been getting every day. At the end of the appointment, the doctor said, "Let's listen to the baby's heartbeat." We got to hear it at our last appointment on the 7th, so we were excited to hear it again. But the doctor couldn't find it, after moving the Doppler microphone around for a minute or so. I was getting a little anxious, so I knew Heather was feeling ten times worse.

The doctor told us not to worry and went and got an ultrasound machine. Not only did we get to see the heart beating, the baby was kicking around! It was such a blessing to see. Harvey was in the room with us, and we told him for the first time that "Mommy has a baby in her tummy." He said, "And I'm going to be the brother!" He was excited and so cute.

Just wanted to share a bit of our joy.

2 comments:

Jana said...

Yay! What great news! I love having ultrasounds. I got goosebumps when I read what Harvey said. It's so fun to have siblings in the house!

Hillary said...

That is so exciting. I knew Harvey would be excited. I can picture his cute little face as he said that he was going to be a brother. What a happy moment. Thanks for passing along the joy.