When Jana asked me to run a half marathon with her I laughed at her, at first, but have since decided that I will do it. I hate running, so this will be a challenge for me. I've been looking for the motivation to get back on the weight loss band wagon and I think this might be what I need. I've been training for 2 weeks now, but I don't know if you can count what I did in the first week. It wasn't much different than what I had been doing before. But this week, I've gotten more serious about things and have rode the exercise bike twice going about 14.5 miles/hour both days. I'm pretty proud of that. I hope to keep adding mileage at I go and hope to start running at some point. Wish me luck. I'm going to need it. Thanks, Jana, for the invite. This is going to be quite an adventure.
Something funny, a girl from church told me I should run in the Crim (which is a marathon that Flint hosts). I told her I couldn't because we needed to run in a race in June and the Crim is in August. My sister-in-law, Hannah, replied that I could do the race in June and then do the Crim too. I replied no way was that going to happen because once I run the first race I am never doing it again! So you could say this is going to be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for me.
2 comments:
You can do it! Keep up the motivation. I'll be cheering for all of you from the sidelines. :)
I'm excited! I really think this will be fun, and we'll feel so great afterwards!
Post a Comment