Sunday, January 16

An idea for the summer

I had an idea this morning and I thought I will run it by all of you. How about we hold our own William Hutchinson reunion this summer and go camping somewhere in Michigan. It would only be for 2 or 3 days and I think it would be fun for the kids to run around and get dirty together. I know Heather will be very pregnant by then, but that can be worked around. Dad doesn't want to camp, but I can work on him. With Jana moving and Eric in school it might be hard to find the time to do it, but if it doesn't work out, then it doesn't. Anyway, what do you all think?

6 comments:

Jana said...

I think it sounds fun. Obviously, as you know, planning anything after May is nearly impossible for us right now, but the idea of camping with y'all sounds great! Jason and I love to camp. And I would love having the kids run around and "get dirty together."

Maybe we could plan it the same time as the half-marathon that Hillary and I hope to run? Then we'd only have to make one trip. It's likely that even if Jason can't come, the rest of the Hairs could.

Jana said...

Oh yeah, and when is Heather's due date?

Heather said...

I'm in for camping. I slept on the floor at Hillary's house when I was like 8 months pregnant with Harvey and didn't suffer too much for it. I love camping. It could also be a good excuse for Kurt and I to rent a pop-up camper, an idea I've been trying to sell him on for years. I'm due the end of July so probably anytime in June would be good.

K.E.N said...

Our summer is already mostly planned, but it would be soo fun to camp! The only time we could do it is during the first 2 weeks in June...and even then I would need to come alone with the kiddos because Eric will be shadowing a doctor for those two weeks (the 6-17)-he will only be home on the weekends. I was actually hoping to come to MI sometime during those two weeks because we will be so bored. After he is done with that we are leaving for Vegas/UT and won't be back until 2nd week in July and then Eric wants to work on our house until school starts 2 weeks after that.
Anyway, if it's during those first two weeks in June, the kids and I will be there. I think Noah would have a blast and I love camping.

Hillary said...

So, I'm not a huge fan of camping, but spending time with my family is definitely something I love to do, so I would sacrifice to camp with ya'll. :) My kids would love it. They love to camp. We have several air mattresses and cots that Heather could have her pick of too, so she wouldn't have to be too uncomfortable.

Our summer if fairly open still. We want Lexi to go to EFY, but don't know when that will be yet. We've applied, but not for a specific date yet. Scout camp and Grils' camp are both the 1st week of August. Charlie and I will be going to youth conference on June 27 to the 29. School doesn't get out until June 15, so I don't know that the first two weeks in June would be the best for us.

I have another idea though. Chelsea's 8th birthday is Aug. 04. I was thinking, but hadn't mentioned it to Jana yet, that it would be fun to schedule our marathon around Chelsea's birthday so she could be here for Chelsea's baptism. If we scheduled the reunion around her birthday, then Kari could be here for her baptism too. Girls' camp is that week, so we'd probably do her baptism Sat. the 7th or the following weekend on the 14th.

I realize that it would be easier for Kurt and Heather to go camping before the baby comes so maybe having it around Chelsea's birthday won't be the best, but I thought I'd throw the idea out there.

K.E.N said...

I don't know if we could do it in August. Eric starts school again the last week in July and so I would have to come alone, PLUS, Eric's sister is coming to Nauvoo this summer, but we aren't sure when and I was hoping it would be in August because we were planning on being home then. The best time for us is still for me to come alone with the kids the first two weeks in June.