Things here are going well...we are surviving. Lucy doesn't sleep more than 3 hours or so at a time so we are pretty much wasted all the time-my goal is to have decent looking hair everyday and Eric's is to not fall asleep in class. This quarter is going to be a bear for him and he is already starting to feel the strain, we are just praying these next 2 months go quickly. I had my 6 week appt. yesterday and got a clean bill of health and found out I'm 2 lbs under my pre-pregnancy weight-that was nice. We aren't doing any special diet, just trying to make a shift in our lifestyle to healthier foods, smaller portions and just more conscience of what we eat...I guess it's doing something.
Lucy is still sick with a cold that seems to last forever, but we feel like slowly but surely it is starting to dwindle. She eats like it's going out of style and weighs 11 lbs now. She doesn't seem to be the mellow baby I was hoping for, she is quite a diva-making sure you know she's there and needing your full attention if she's awake. My mistake though, her name is the same as the Charlie Brown character-like on her shirt-who is very bossy. I'm kind of glad she's feisty, she's going to need to hold her own against her big brother.
Noah is almost three and he has the attitude to match...the twos were fine, but it seems like the threes are going to be stressful. He is still really amazing with his sister and doesn't seem bothered by her presence. He likes to lie down by her when we do tummy time or tell her everything is fine when she is crying. We started potty training him the week after Christmas and we are half way there. He will only poo in a diaper, but if he doesn't start doing that in the toilet by his birthday in 2 weeks, the diaper won't be an option anymore...I'm hoping by the middle of February we'll be all set. He just seems so much older in underwear-I just can't believe how quickly it all has gone.
So fat so good, I guess. I feel like we are in a good rhythm, even if we are dead tired, and are looking forward to when we can play outside again. We hope all of your new years started off to a good start, and wanted to say again how wonderful it was to see everyone at Christmas.
3 comments:
Thanks for the update. I can believe you are very tired. I remember the days of having a newborn. Sorry to hear she is a diva. That can't be fun. I'm sure Noah will kick in with pooing where he should. He's a smart kid. Take care of yourself and keep up the healthy eating. Great job.
My advice for Noah would be to keep a close eye on him, looking out for when he's going to go in his diaper. You probably have a good idea of his body language when he's about to. Then run him off to the toilet, set him down, and give him some space. Maybe keep him in eyesight if you think he'll get right off, but don't stand over him making him self-conscious. Also, mineral oil can make it a bit easier for him if he's backed up and uncomfortable.
Only he tells us when he needs to poop and asks for his diaper. We put it on him and he poops like 5 seconds late and then we wipe him and put him back in his underwear. We have tried putting him on the toilet when he's about to go, but he holds it in and refuses. We are just hoping he figures it out in a few weeks.
Post a Comment