Monday, January 17

Miss America 2011

Kristi had a Miss America party on Saturday while the Miss America Pageant was on. It was really fun. We had to choose a state to represent and then come in a costume that represents that state, in formal wear or in a swim suit. Then once at the party, you couldn't eat anything until your state was eliminated from the competition. I chose Wisconsin because I thought Michigan would be highly sought after. I wanted to make a cheese hat and put together a costume, but I ran out of time. I just happen to have a bunch of formal wear dresses that I've kept for the young women for when they want to have a fashion show. One of them fits me, so I wore that. I tried to do my hair. I didn't have as much time as I would've liked so I don't like the way it turned out. Hannah told me it looked like a mullet and Charlie agreed, but all the girls at the party voted me as having the best hair. I was pretty excited. Hannah went as Miss Louisiana and dressed up for Mardi Grauw (sp) and Kristi was Miss New York. My favorite costume was Miss Kentucky. She wore a formal dress, but stuffed her stomach to look pregnant and told everyone that she was pregnant by her brother. She drew tatoos on her arms and the one arm had the name of a boy crossed off with another name of a boy underneath crossed off, etc. with several names written. She made her sash out of toilet paper that she held together with electric tape. It was pretty funny. I had fun and was glad to be invited. The lady from the party who went the farthest was Miss Hawaii. She got third overall in the pageant. She received a tiara and rose and did the walk.




2 comments:

Kurt said...

Sounds like a fun party. What did you make the sashes out of?

Hillary said...

Some people used ribbons. Hannah and I cut up a plastic table cloth into strips. Someone used a scarf she had and taped the state name to it. It was interesting to see the imaginations of some people.