Sunday, November 14

Our busy weekend














Yesterday we raked leaves. All seven of us raked for about 5 hours and we raked up most of the leaves in our yard, but not all. It was very tiring, but the kids got to enjoy the massive pile we built when we called it quits for the day. They had fun, and they deserved that. They worked hard (most of the time).

Today was our primary sacrament program. It went really well. I was so nervous about it, but the spirit really filled in and helped the kids. Thanks Mom and Dad for coming to watch. I know it meant a lot to the kids. I'm so glad that is over with. Now we just have to prepare one song for Christmas and it's going to be "Away in a Manger." I'm glad about that because they know the words already. We are going to teach them one of the old versions from the old orange primary song book. It should be fun.

5 comments:

Mom said...

Dad says:

We have fond memories of you guys jumping in the big leaf piles at the white Kaysville house after Mom raked up the leaves. You would jump and hide in the leaves just like your children are here. They are really a blast! However, we didn't have a nice place to accumulate them as you do; we pulled them over onto the garden and hoped they decomposed before the next spring/summer when it was time to plant.

Kurt said...

Holy cow that is a lot of leaves. I like the tower you built over the goats' house, too.

Jana said...

I've never seen more leaves! Wow! That would have been a blast! And I'm glad the primary program went well. They can be so stressful.

Jana said...

So...what do you even do with that many leaves?

Hillary said...

We dumped them in our garden and will burn them. The ashes help fertilize the ground.