Thursday, November 11

No more diapers for Harvey!

Most of you know that we started potty training Harvey last Friday. I'm delighted to report that he's doing very well! Heather did the "Toilet Training in Less Than a Day" method, which Jana said worked well for Addie. He was not completely trained that day, but he made good progress by being able to pee when he sat on the toilet, something he hadn't be able to figure out before then. He's had several accidents since, but after stressing too much about it, we realized that obviously that's just part of the process and not to worry about it.

When he was home with Heather on Tuesday, on two occasions he even realized he needed to go to the bathroom without being asked. Other than that, we are still prompting him to go at certain times, like when he wakes up in the morning or from a nap, and before dinner and bed. He's doing great, and can do it all himself, although with a little help during hand-washing. He's only pooped three times since Friday, and two of those were in the toilet, so that seems to be going well too.

He loves being a big boy and wearing underpants, and we love not changing diapers. Hurray for new found independence!

5 comments:

Jana said...

Yay! I am so happy that he's doing well and I'm glad you didn't get discouraged when it didn't happen in one day. It seems a little unrealistic to me, but the method overall works. Woohoo, Harvey!

K.E.N said...

Congrats! That really is exciting. I wish I wasn't so tired because then Noah probably would join him...way to go Harvey!

Mom said...

Did you buy him Spiderman big boy pants? I can't remember which of you or Jim really liked the Spiderman underware. Anyway, YEA!

Hillary said...

That is pretty exciting news. That is such a big step in the growing up process. I agree with Jana, it's really unrealistic to expect a kid to be potty trained in a day, but I'm glad you found a method that helped. Go Harvey!!!!

Mom said...

Dad says:

Way to go Harvey! That is a major accomplishment. (Way to go Mom and Dad as well, to help him over this big hurdle!)