Tuesday, September 15

Christmas Consensus

What was the consensus on Christmas?

6 comments:

K.E.N said...

Christmas is a great holiday in which one can spend time with friends and family and enjoy the pleasures of the season.
Anything else in particular you want to know?

Heather said...

What did we decide about gift giving. Are we giving by family or individual? Are gifts homemade or is there a spending limit? Who is giving to whom?

K.E.N said...

The first comment was Eric...such a funny man. I think we should decide, but make the presents for next Christmas when we will all be together again-then we have a little over a year to figure out the presents.
I just had an idea...what if we rotated years between presents for the parents and presents for the kids, and Jimmy would just always get a present for himself until he had kids. That might help in figuring out what to do. And maybe when we do the year for the kids, every kid gets a present, but the year for the adults it can just be one present per family. We could have the year for the kids be the years when we are all going to be together to save on shipping costs and because then the kids can open presents altogether. Does this sound like too much work? I think we could make it work.

Hillary said...

I kind of like that idea, Kari. It would be hard to do presents for all kids every year, especially with shipping. I like the idea of giving every kid a present on the years that we are all together.

I think the off years should be presents for the families.

I think we should put names in a hat and do a drawing. We could do that for any year. We can have the kids each pull a name, and if my kid pulls out a name of a sibbling, oh well. I don't mind buying presents for my own kids. Then with family presents, we can just have each family draw out a slip that has another family's last name.

I am leaning more towards a spending limit, more than saying presents should be homemade. I think that way they can be homemade or not. I'm not particularly fond of a strict dollar limit though. I think we should just try to be reasonable with how much we spend.

I hope this is good enough for my 2cents.

Jana said...

I'm fine with that, Hillary. Let's draw family names this year, and be reasonable in what you spend. I, for one, wouldn't be hurt if our family gift didn't cost as much as another family. Besides, we aren't even going to all see each other to compare! And yes, I also like the idea of cousins picking individual names next year. Sounds good to me!

Hillary said...

Should we all pitch in for a Mom and Das gift too? I think we should do them apart from the drawing of names and give them a gift from all of us, like we've done in the past. What do you guys think?

Did we ever reach a consensus on the Thanksgiving picture clothing yet?