Wednesday, March 11

New front room







Well, after many years of dreaming of matching furniture and accompanying decor in the front room, my dream has finally been realized (almost). Dad finished hanging the valance for the new drapes last night (after going back to Penneys twice to change rods). Here are pictures of the front room as it now stands. We still need to paint and get new carpet sometime down the road. Hope you like it.

6 comments:

Kurt said...

I think the furniture looks great. Painting the room would be a piece of a cake, since there are so few edges to tape. And Heather and I are pros at painting now! So we could help, if you want.

Hillary said...

I'm voluteering to help paint too. I actually really enjoy doing it. But, Kurt, we don't need to tape, I know how to paint edges without it.

I like the furniture too. I can't really tell the color of it by the pictures though. Is it burgundy?

Jana said...

I like the furniture a lot. The couches look very comfy and soft, perfect for cuddling up with a good book. What color do you want to paint?

Mom said...

The furniture is dark brown. In the store it looked dark green, but I like it anyway. Dad wants to put up crown molding before we paint, so that may be awhile. We do everything in baby steps, you know.

K.E.N said...

I LOVE IT!!! That chair in front of the window with the ottoman looks amazingly comfortable...as well as the chair and 1/2 by the wall. Except, I thought you got rid of the lacey curtains...can we find something better to go behind your new ones? ;) I too think paint would be the icing and if you do it in May, Noah and I can help.
Oh, and Eric has a suggestion: you should paint BEFORE you put up the molding so that you don't have to tape around the molding or risk painting it, just put the molding over the paint.

Dad said...

Yes, that is probably what we will do. Mom reminded me, when she suggested we paint the moldings first, that that is what our painter friend, Rod Kropp, said.