I bought Jason Carcassonne for his birthday. It was supposed to be a surprise, as his birthday isn't until April 19th, but he found the receipt (I didn't hide it very well) so we got it out early. He's been too busy to play with me yet, but, out of boredom, I re-read all the instructions so I'd be ready when the time came. I bought the original game and the first two expasions (Inns & Cathedrals and the Builders something or other) and he was pretty excited. It really wasn't very expensive because I found a good deal online.
Here is an interesting tidbit. In the original game, the instructions say that when scoring farms each city is worth 3 points. In the expansion with the pig, it says each city is worth 4 points and 5 if you have a pig in the farm. I was surprised they would be different and even double-checked myself. Which way do you play? Are your cities worth 3 or 4 points?
Since we haven't posted on here in a while, I thought a Carcassonne discussion was better than no discussion at all. Hillary, I haven't heard from you in a while, how is your house and the move coming along? Have you already moved in?
3 comments:
We use the 4/5 point rule. I guess maybe they wanted to give a little more importance to the farms, since once you play there, that follower is committed for the rest of the game.
I haven't played a game of Carcassone in a long time. We should play at Easter.
I'm all for that. I think we give each "farm" 4 points. But we call it a field. We don't have the pig extension.
Post a Comment