We went camping overnight on Friday (Jason finally took a tiny break from studying, hurrah!) and had a great time. We forgot the tarp for our borrowed tent, and our pillows, but stayed warm, had delicious food, and told plenty of funny stories. Addie got VERY VERY dirty from falling in the mud countless times, but she enjoyed herself. She actually slept really well in the tent, we were surprised. I had her bundled up in about four layers of clothes, plus 3 blankets, but her toes were still cold in the morning. I don't know how else her cold toes could have been prevented. 

We tried something new this trip. I read online that you can use the peel of an orange to cook eggs right on the campfire. We actually didn't have a campfire because all the wood was soaked (probably the most disappointing part of the trip), but cooked them over the charcoal grill. I didn't have any oranges so we used grapefruit instead. They were DISGUSTING, please never make that mistake! The grapefruit taste permeated the entire egg and it was awful. Jason thinks an orange might be better, but I have my doubts. Anyhow, I thought you might find that interesting.

2 comments:
If you have a real fire (not coals), you can put an egg (in the shell) in a paper cup filled with water and put the cup right in the flames. The cup will only burn down to the level of the water and it will boil the egg. I've done this and it works.
I can imagine how gross that would have tasted. I"m glad I won't ever have to try that.
Post a Comment