Monday, October 27

Brandee

For Family Home Evening tonight Jason and I wrote a short letter to our cousin Brandee who is having a hard time right now in basic training. We didn't know what to say, so we decided to write her a funny poem. Here it is, I wrote the lines in italics and Jason's are regular. Enjoy!

One night I looked up in the sky
And saw a pie in the sky
I said, "What? A rhubarb pie in the sky?!?!"
A man walked by and said, "You lie, Sky." (Sky's my name.)
It's kind of lame, Sky for a name
But that's what my parents named me: Sky
I saw the pie and fellow walking by, and started then to wonder why
Why, Why, oh Why?
Did I tell that guy a big, fat lie?
Then I realized I didn't; there really was a pie in the clouds.
The End.

4 comments:

Jana said...

Oh yeah, and do any of you have that email about her that was sent out? I must have deleted mine because I can't find it, but I need her address. Thanks!

Mom said...

I deleted it too, sorry, but I'd like to say that if that poem doesn't make her laugh, nothing will.

Hillary said...

You guys are so funny, interesting, but funny. I have the email. I'll forward it to you.

Jana said...

Thanks, Hillary, that would be great!