Wednesday, March 19

Heather's Grandma

I don't know how many of you know yet, but Kurt called us tonight to tell us that Heather's grandma passed away today. They were on there way up north when I spoke to them. I'm sorry to hear about this, especially since they were hopeful of her recovery. I dread the day that our grandparents pass on. It's going to be so sad for me because I haven't been able to spend much time with them.

Heather, you and your family are in our prayers.

5 comments:

Jana said...

Wow, that seemed to happen quickly. I hope the funeral is full of good memories of her and her life.

I have started (just barely) a project with our grandma to help write down her life stories. Mom is going to tape record her this weekend and I will type them out. Anything they don't get to I will call and talk to her about on the phone. I think it's so important to record the lives of those we love and, as far as I know, she doesn't have anything written down about her life. I'm excited to do this.

Hillary said...

I once tried to get Grandma to read into a tape the stories she used to read to us when we stayed the night at her house. She refused. If you could get her to do this now, I'd be ever grateful. The ones I remember are Little Black Mumbo (I think) and Peter Rabbit.

K.E.N said...

Once I asked Grandpa to tape his stories for me b/c he has so many, but he told me he wouldn't do it unless I asked him questions and I never got to it. I'm glad you're having Grandma doing that-I'll go record Grandpa if you help me with the questions.
Lately I have thought what would happen when Grandma and Grandpa pass and the thought makes me nervous. I'm sorry Heather-at least she is out of pain.

Dad said...

We were truly saddened to hear of the passing of your Grandmother, Heather. You and your family are in in our prayers.

Jana said...

Kari, if you want to get Grandpa's stories, that would be great! I was going to start on his after I finished with Grandma's, but there isn't any reason we couldn't do them at the same time. I can email the aunts and uncles and ask them if tehy remember anything that Grandpa could talk about, that's what I did with Grandma and they came up with a lot of stuff.

Hillary, I don't know about having her read bedtime stories. After she finishes this project for me, I can ask her.