Wednesday, February 13

Cold Sassy Tree

If you're looking for a good book to read in your spare time (I know Heather and Mom have already read it) try Cold Sassy Tree, by Olive Ann Burns. It's great! I read it a couple years ago, but forgot everything, and just finished is last week again. I absolutely love it. It's one I'll have to get for my own collection.

I just picked up the sequel, Leaving Cold Sassy, which the author didn't finish because, well, she died while writing it. I heard that Heather said it wasn't very good, but Mom recommended I read it so I could have a good discussion at our book club next week. I'm not a fan of thinking it will just end in the middle, but oh well. We'll see how it goes. As for Cold Sassy Tree, it's definitely worth reading!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I love, love, love Cold Sassy Tree, especially the grandpa character. I liked aspects about the second book but found it pretty unsatisfying. I'm interested to hear how you like it.

I was reading your blog today. How did your TV fast go? I have to admit it is one of my weaknesses with staying at home. If I don't turn it on my day is productive and goes by pretty fast but if I turn it on in the morning it is hard to turn it off. Maybe I'll try a fast too so I can enjoy these last days home with Harvey.

Jana said...

I loved the TV fast! It was hard to find things to do after a while, especially because I still didn't want to do my housework, but it was great. I have been better since then about not having the TV on as much, but also admit that I do watch more than just The Price is Right most days. I would recommend it, though, it was very satisfying.