We have finally finished moving-YIPEE! We still have a lot to take out of boxes and move around, but basically everything is in place. So, now we are living in a new place and have a new address. Here it is:
9241 Falcon Park Circle
Sandy, UT 84093
Also, I went to the doctor today and have a little bit of news. I haven't dialated more and my doctor is not sure that I will go by myself. So, on Monday I have an appointment to do a non-stress test. This is where they test my fluid around the baby to make sure that it's okay and then they monitor the baby's heartbeat to make sure it's good and they also monitor me to see if I'm having contractions. Then on Tuesday I have an appointment with my doctor and she will check me again. I f she doesn't feel like anything is happening, then I will go to the hospital Wednesday night around 8 pm and they will induce me. I don't really know why it would have to be so late. Why can't I be induced in the middle of the day? Anyway, that's what the plan is right now. I could still go, this is all just in case. But she really doesn't think I will. So, we will have to see what happens in the next couple of days. We'll keep you posted. :)
7 comments:
Is she going to strip your membranes to induce you or put you on pitocin? Like I said before, pitocin is not very enjoyable. I don't know that having your membranes stripped is any better. It's exciting that Noah will be here by the end of next week, though. Can't wait to see pics of the little guy.
She's most likely going to have you induced late at night so the baby will be there in the morning. It's better timing for her, so he doesn't come at midnight or something. Yay! How exciting!
The inducing at night is definately a timing issue. They probably don't count on as many people having babies naturally at night and so it might not be as busy. I was induced in the morning though, so I don't know for sure. I have to say I hated being induced. That labor took the longest and was the 2nd most painful (next to the one that I couldn't have an epideral with). It's nice to know about when the baby will come, but I prefer going by myself. I know you might not have that option though. I guess I won't win the baby poll again though. :(
I'm excited for you to have him too!
She said something about putting a sort of "tape" on my cervix-whatever that means-and seeing if that does anything first. I don't know if that "tape" is stripping my membranes or not. She said that if that doesn't seem to be doing anything that they would give me pitocin. I really don't want to be induced either. When we went to our birthing class in October, out teacher said that a lot of women go into labor during big storms for some reason and we're supposed to be having one this weekend. I'm crossing my fingers-maybe I'll get lucky :)
Hillary, which baby were you induced with? I though you went naturally with them all.
My experience with pitocin wasn't bad, actually. I mean, it was bad in that it didn't work very well and I was sent home...but later that night when I went into "real" labor (which I'm sure was partly due the pitocin earlier that day) it only ended up being about 9 hours, or less. Not bad, I'd say!
I was induced with Chelsea. I'm surprised you don't remember. You were there. Her labor was the longest at about 10 hours. The pitocen gave me super, really hard contractions but they didn't help my body to progress any faster. I just had to live through really hard contractions until my body decided to kick in and dialate. And of course you can't get the epideral until you're at least dialated to a 5 so I waited a long time for relief.
I've never heard of the tape thing. It must be new since I was into having babies. I hope it works for you. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you for the storm this weekend too (unless you have a long way to drive to get to the hospital - let me tell you it's not fun driving in the snow trying to get to the hospital to have a baby!).
I didn't remember that you were induced-just that it took forever. And I looked on the internet today and found that before inducing, some doctor's put chemicals on the cervix to help it soften and open up-I think that's what the tape is. We'll have to see.
Post a Comment