Wednesday, January 23
Day Care Disappointment
The yang to my good job news' ying is that I just called the day care provider I thought I had lined up and she doesn't have any openings left. I'm really disappointed because I really liked her and her staff, she's located in our sub and her rates were great. I don't know a ton of people in our immediate neighborhood so I don't have a lot of people to turn to for recommendations. I really don't want to put him in the bigger centers that are around here and I was really excited to have found an in-home day care that I liked so much. I called one other place that a friend of a friend recommended and she only has openings for a couple days a week. This has really thrown me for a loop. I can't wait until Kurt can stay home and we won't have to deal with this childcare headache.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yeah, I can understand your concern. In my classes at BYU we talked a lot about daycare, and they basically said you get what you pay for with the bigger ones. That, I'm sure, is a big stress.
So do you have a job yet that you would need the daycare now? Maybe by the time you have a job a position will be open at the daycare you like? You should ask the lady that you like who she would recommend. I know it would be like sending someone else her potential income, but if she doesn't have room, maybe she wouldn't mind. A lot of daycare people do the same kind of things, go to the same conferences, etc... I'm sure she knows other people who have daycares. You could also go to a local elementary school and ask random parents. I know that might be a little risky, but I might try it if I was desperate enough. Maybe the school district has some they refer to? Anyway, you're right, it will be so much easier when Kurt can just stay home.
Those are good ideas, Hillary. I didn't think of just asking the other daycare lady.
Kurt and I are going to meet with the lady who has the part-time openings tonight. Maybe she'll have some recommendations. Thanks for the input.
Post a Comment