Monday, December 3
Ten and a half years later
Dad's time in the stake presidency is over! He was released yesterday and he's given back all of the books and keys and everything. We had stake conference at Laural Manor in Livonia. I think most of you had a prom there at one time or another. It was all decorated for Christmas and when it was over we didn't have to put away the chairs or anything. We did have to pick up the paper though. It went really well. I think Kari might know the new stake president, but I don't think the rest of you will. He is Doctor Medley in the Plymouth Ward. He was just made the Bishop in the Plymouth Ward about 5 months ago, so he's pretty new to the church administration thing. He picked both of his counselors from Plymouth as well. Kris Christensen moved from 2nd counselor to 1st counselor and Bro. Brebberman is the 2nd counselor. It will be a change in our home life, although I think Dad will just spend the extra time at home studying instead of not having anything to do. Cindy Dunnigan and I had to bear our testimonies at the meeting. I was playing for the choir, so I felt like I was always jumping up and down, but I shouldn't have to be in that position again. We're going to go into obscurity in the ward and never be heard from again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love your last sentence, Mom. "We're going to go into obscurity in our ward and never be heard from again." Haha. Yeah right. I'm glad it all went so well, though, and maybe you can enjoy some more time together.
I bet the ward it just chomping at the bit to have Dad as a prospective calling holder. I'm sure it won't be long before he has something to do. Although, I know it will be a lot less to do compared with what he was doing. It will be nice for Dad to be able to finish his schooling now without that added distraction. I'm surprised that the visiting general authority allowed all the stake presidency members to come from the same ward. They must not be hurting for worthy priesthood holders in Plymouth. I was thinking about how you said you got to bare your testimony and I can't remember the last time I heard your testimony. I would've liked to have been there; maybe some other time. It was neat for me to hear Grandma's testimony when we were last there for Kari's wedding. I don't think I'd ever heard her's. Anyway, we are very happy that you and Dad will have lots more quality time now and have the opportunity to serve elsewhere.
Wohoo! You guys get to be a couple again! That will be wonderful! I don't know any of the guys, but I'm sure that they are wonderful. I'm really pulling for nursery leader for Dad-he would be great at it! I'm surprised they had stake conference at Laurel Park...was it weird to not be in a church building? But I'm sure it was beautiful. Awesome!
Post a Comment