We have been busy and that's why I've been a little late in reporting Thanksgiving. It went well. Eric and I spent the morning cleaning up our little yard and cleaning our house. I made apple crisp-from scratch...I peeled the apples by hand and everything. It was really yummy. By the time we got to Grandma's house (which was the time we were told to be there), everyone had already eaten. It was kind of weird because Eric and I just kind of ate while everyone else talked. But it was cool and we had a great time and ate some super delicious food (Grandma is a wizard at Thanksgiving). And by the way, she did make her homemade stuffing, for those of you who have had it, it is HEAVEN! So, there weren't very many people there. Rick was there by himself and stayed in the basement the whole time. Kendall and Robin and Robin's son (I forget his name) stayed in the living room and so we didn't get to see them much. Deena and Jeff were there-FYI Jana, he is graduating in Political Science. We mostly just sat and talked to Grandma and she told us stories about Dad when he was jumped by guys at a football game and stories about Diana, etc. It was fun and Deena stayed and listened and she was surprised all those things happened to Dad.
We left about an hour and half after we got there because Grandma wanted to take a nap. We went home and decorated our Christmas tree and put up our very few other decorations. It was fun.
Friday, Mary and I went shopping-but neither of us bought anything. By the way, Mary is engaged! Yipee! (Mary is my best friend, FYI) They are planning on getting married at the end of April. After that, we went to an outside concert given by Jon Schmidt-and yes he played upsidedown. It was FUN! And then we saw the lights on temple square. And this weekend we are going to the festival of trees...I will be posting pictures.
Eric got out a third secondary application-Maine. We are holding our breaths to hear from any of the schools. The last one he has to complete is Chicago. Next week is the last week of school! YAY! And I will also be 8 months next week...crazy. I can't believe that I've had this baby in my body for almost 32 weeks. I am huge and just waiting for the day when I can let him out. And we just have a million things to do in December-it's going to be awesome! We're glad to hear that everyone had a good Thanksgiving and that everything seems to be going well-except for Jana's little trip to the hospital. We'll update again when we have exciting news...or just some really awesome pictures.
4 comments:
I'm jealous that you got to see Jon Schmitt. I'd love to see him again. I'm glad you guys had a good Thanksgiving. Why was Rick there alone? I'm jealous that you and Jana have had so much time to spend with our grandparents. I wish I knew them better.
So when do you expect to hear from the schools that Eric applied to? Is next week your last week of school or Eric's? Will either of you be taking classes in the winter? I would assume you wouldn't be with a new baby and all.
I'm happy for Mary. I know she's been waiting a long time for this.
Have fun for the last couple of weeks you have without a baby. I know it's what you can't wait for, but you may think otherwise after he gets here.
Did Jon Schmidt play Homecoming?! Because that is the only song that matters.
And what's this story about Dad? I don't think I've heard that one.
Well, with the holidays, Eric's not really expecting much until after the first of the year. I'm not sure why Rick was alone. Jon Schmidt did not play Homecoming-bummer, I know.
The story about Dad is that after he graduated from high school, he came back from college to go to a football game and he wore his letterman jacket to the game. He was leaving (I don't know who won) and he was alone, and some fans of the other team jumped him. I don't know how bad it was but they broke his glasses and he couldn't go hunting that weekend with his buddies because he couldn't see. I'm sure Dad tells it better and has more details. Just thinking of Dad being jumped is a little weird for me. But, Grandma says that because he was a wrestler in high school, it wasn't too bad of a beating because he used some of the wrestling moves.
I hadn't heard that story either. I'll have to get the juice from Dad. I'm with you, it is a little weird to think of my dad being jumped. It kind of makes me want to retaliate against those who did it. I know that is out of the question, but man, if I'd been there I'd have given my two cents, for what it's worth. I'm sure Charlie would appreciate the parts of the story where Dad used his wrestling moves.
Post a Comment