I love the traditional nativity puppet show that we do every year. It, along with the hanging advent calendar, is probably my favorite and most memorable Christmas tradition. Somewhere I got it in my head that we were supposed to be given our own puppets when we got married, but I still don't have any! Did I make this up, Mom, or did you say that at some point? Well, regardless, I would like to have my own set. Are they easy to make? Minimal sewing? I'd like to take on that project.

6 comments:
It's too bad Kurt got cut out of this picture! I actually just loaned my set of puppets to the primary chorister in our ward to use because she is trying to teach the kids that song. Of course my kids know it from all the practice they recieve at Mom and Dad's. I love those same traditions, Jana. I have actually wanted to make a similar advent calendar for the past few years. I just haven't found anything that I like as much as those cute little statues Mom used for her ornaments. If you want to make your own set of puppets, Jana, I actually have access to templates for the puppets. We made them in the Flint ward years ago for an Enrichment night. The templates are still in their closet as far as I know. I'll get them for you when we go back in a couple of weeks. Although that means you probably won't have them for this year. They aren't hard to make. In fact, the ones I have were put together using a hot glue gun, not sewing.
I made patterns for the puppets when I taught how to make them at homemaking several years ago. The ones that Hillary have are the ones I made to show at that meeting. They are put together with a hot glue gun. The ones I have are sewed together. I believe that I did say that I'd make all of you a set when you got married. I still will if you want, but they probably won't be ready for this Christmas.
I figured I wouldn't have any this year, but I would LOVE to get a set for next year. We're all going to be together for Christmas anyway, it would be fun to get them! Or, as a family activity, we could all make them together next Christmas. Whatever you think, Mom, but I really would love to have my own!
I think it would be fun to do them as a family activity next year too. My kids would love it. Good idea Jana.
P.S. Sewing them will probably help them to last longer. The little detail things on mine are starting to fall off. One of my wise man's crown fell off and the velcro holding baby Jesus to Mary is coming off.
We want some! FUN! And Hillary, Kurt is in this picture, did you move the screen over? I can see him with his floppy hair. I can't wait until next Christmas! It will be a BLAST!
Post a Comment