Thursday, December 6

Jimmy's Old!

I was talking to the lady I work with the other day and telling her when my younger brother was going to graduate from high school-in June 2008. And then it hit me, that's this coming June. Jimmy's a senior in high school! He's almost 18! He could vote in the presidential election! Does this shock anyone, or did that already sink in to everyone else? It was definitely a WOW moment for me, that's for sure. I guess that when you don't live close things like this creep up on you. I think that we should all send him something cool for his birthday-like we were there. Or in Kurt and Heather's case they really would be there. Or maybe we could all go in together to get him something nice-I don't really have any ideas, maybe someone else does. They grow up so fast :)

2 comments:

Hillary said...

Actually, Kari, I called Grandma today and Jimmy came up in our conversation and she asked me if he was a senior this year and going to graduate and I told her I didn't think so. I told her I thought he was a junior. Then she corrected me, and I thought about it and had to agree with her. I thought it was pretty funny that I was putting him on hold. So you aren't the only one to have been "WOW"ed lately because of Jimmy's age.

Jana said...

I know, it's crazy that Jimmy is so old. Wow. It's strange thinking that he'll be graduating, getting ready for a mission, taking more college classes...all of it. It's strange that we're all grown up now, I don't feel like it most of the time. What will Mom and Dad do without him?!?! Tee hee hee.