Thursday, September 6

Well, it seems that Harvey will have a FULL HEAD OF DARK HAIR. Thanks for participating in the poll. Now I'll have to think of another one. If you have any suggestions, let me know!

Things here are going well. I've decided, after much debate, to cut back on watching the news. Many people have suggested that to me, but it wasn't until a couple days ago that I agreed. The news out here is really depressing. There has always been another shooting, stabbing, burglary, etc. Seldom is there any good news. I know it's like that everywhere, but out here it feels particulary scary and sensationalized. I heard today on the news, waiting for the weather report, that Memphis has finally reached its 110th homicide this year--like they're proud or something. It makes me sick. Don't worry about us, though. We feel pretty safe in our little neighborhood. I have a great neighbor, Phyllis, who came over to introduce herself and let me know that we're here to watch out for each other. It's comforting to know who's around us and that we can all support each other.

Adelyn is finally starting to try and reach things (without much success) and coos all day long. It's so much fun to see her grow!

Thanks for keeping us Southerners updated. I hope the move goes well for the Hicks!

No comments: