Well, the projected time for our departure is this Friday night. After we pack the moving van, we will drive over to Racine and spend the night. Saturday morning we will unload and drive back to Michigan to return the truck and pick up our kids. Mom has so graciously agreed to keep them overnight for us so we can unpack and set up at least our beds without the kids to worry about. I think it will be much easier. Plus, that way I get to go to church with my friends one last time (well, until I come back to visit).
Charlie started teaching yesterday. So far, so good. He thinks he'll really only have problems with his 5th hour class. There are some kids in there who aren't cooperating already. But if that's the only class that gives him fits, then it's way better than last year.
The kids are excited to start school at a new school. I didn't start them here because I didn't want to RIP them away from new friends and teachers and stick them with different ones. I thought it would be better for everyone if they just waiting until we got to Wisconsin. So I'm going to enroll them next week. I hope it doesn't take too long to get them going.
I'm mixed with emotions right now. I'm sad to leave, excited to be going and frazeled about getting ready to go. I'll be so relieved to just have it be over with and settled (well, as settled as you can be in a rental that you don't plan on staying in very long).
I'll try to keep you posted as I can.
No comments:
Post a Comment