Thursday, August 30

The new addition

We had our first ultrasound today-it was soo exciting. The coolest part, by far for me, was looking at the heart beating and seeing all four chambers. The baby is growing fine and the tech said that it looks healthy. Also, we can finally put a pronoun to the baby. It's kind of weird knowing what the sex is because we've just been calling it "baby" for so long that it having a real name is a little hard to get used to. I'll let you figure it out for yourself.
That's right, it's a boy!!! By the time he is born, he will even out the number of boys and girls. The way the tech described the picture above is the baby is sitting on a glass table and we are looking up-if that helps you orient yourself. And my due date stayed the same, so far. So around January 27, 2008 we will welcome little Noah Orin Peterson into the family. YIPEE!!! Below are some of the other pictures that she took today-he is going to be adorable!Here are his little feet.

And here he is sucking his thumb...we think.

6 comments:

Kurt said...

Cool pictures. That last one looks like he's waving actually. "Hello! Hello, out there!"

Dad said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dad said...

That's just wonderful. He is really giving a thumbs up and saying, "Get ready world, here I come!"

Heather said...

Woohoo! you got some great pictures. I love the name Noah, too.

Jana said...

Yeah, that last picture is great. I think he's trying to give a "hang ten" sign. You've got a little surfer on your hands!

Hillary said...

Well, I think he is saying "I love you" in sign language. What a smart kid you have. How do you say the middle name you have picked out? Thanks for sharing the pictures. I think the ultrasound is such a fun thing to experience. I'm really excited for you guys.