I went out to lunch with my friend today at BYU and stopped in a computer lab. Yay! Finally, a new post from the Hairs. I'm sorry my husblond is not keeping you as up-to-date as I would like. We'll work on that.
Adelyn is doing great. She is getting bigger, spits up A LOT, and is growing strong neck muscles. She loves to look all around (which makes burping her that much more interesting) and we are eagerly awaiting the time when she'll give us her first intentional smile. She's such a miracle and we love being parents.
Jason is spending a lot of time finalizing the plans for our big move. We have the truck booked, apartment rented, help recruited, and now all we have to do is start packing boxes. You all know how small our apartment is, so we don't anticipate that taking us more than 3 or 4 good days of effort, but it is, by far, the least exciting part of moving. Ick. I'm not looking forward to the actual move, but it will be fun to be in Tennesse starting our new adventure. Hopefully I'll make friends quickly.
Wow, I don't type nearly as fast as I used to. It's amazing how much slower I've become after only a month being away...
I'm enjoying being a mom, for the most part. I love Adelyn, and am reminded daily how much love Heavenly Father has for us through her. I DON'T love, however, the NIGHTS. Every night, around 10, I get this sense of foreboding-- another long night ahead of me. I can't wait until she starts sleeping longer at night, and hopefully that will be sooner rather than later! Another thing which has been hard is staying home. It's hard to go from working and talking to people all day long to...well...watching Law & Order and reading Harry Potter. I like those things, but enjoy human interaction more. It will take some getting used to. I'll have to get up the energy to work on calligraphy and my other hobbies.
That's about it for the Hair family. It's been great reading about how you all are doing. I hope Heather and Kari continue to feel well and that the Hicks find a job soon. And the count down has begun, only 20 more days until we have the internet...wahoo!
1 comment:
You need to work with Mom and Heather and learn how to crochet, knit and all the other fun housewife stuff. It will be nice having your family a little closer to our home; maybe we can even come down a few times while you are there. Should be fun!
Post a Comment