Saturday, July 28

It's Crunch Time

So the last school Charlie interviewed at was Belleville and we heard from them yesterday and it was a no. Charlie interviewed at a school here in Flint on Thursday. It's called Beecher High. They called yesterday too and it was a yes. They offered him the job, but we aren't that excited about it. It's in a super rough neighborhood and the principal wasn't very nice to Charlie during the interview. He really felt like she didn't like him. I'm so torn because if he took the job we could stay in the area. But, if he takes the job he could be miserable. I've had people say that he could take the job and stay for a year and try it out. But then next year when he goes to interview again all the schools will see that's he's only ever stayed for a year in both of his previous jobs; talk about being a major risk to hire. But if he doesn't take the job we really have to start looking out of state seriously because most other states start school before Michigan does, usually the middle of Aug. That means we'd have to move quickly. I really though he'd get a job here. We are kind of discouraged. Thanks for all the prayers. Please keep them coming. We really still need them.

I'm happy that Eric and Kari got to hear the heart beat of their baby. I know that was exciting for me too. I don't think osteopathic school will be such a bad alternative for Eric, and it's cool that you guys could still end up here (even if we aren't here). We will definitely keep praying for all to work out with schooling. We're excited to see you. I hope we're still around too.

2 comments:

Heather said...

That is such a hard decision!

K.E.N said...

Eric and I were thinking that if you took the job in Flint then they might make a movie about Charlie and all his hardships. He could be like Michelle Pfiffer in the movie, "Dangerous Minds". That would be worth it. And maybe it's just a sheep in wolve's clothing and turn out to be wonderful! I don't know. That is tough...do not fret, we will keep the prayers coming. Good luck!