Saturday, July 28

IT'S ALIVE!

So yesterday was our first visit to the doctor's office and it went great. So far, everything looks fine. They did some blood work, but I'm sure that will come out okay too-hopefully. But the most exciting thing was that we got to hear the baby's heart beat. I was a little nervous because it took the lady what seemed like forever to find it, but after she found it the heart beat was beating strong. It made it all the more real to us that we really are going to be having a baby. And she only found one heart beat...so we're pretty sure that we are only having one. But I guess she could have missed the other, so I guess we won't know for sure until the ultrasound. So I can't have the ultrasoud as early as I thought. I'm kind of bummed. I won't have it until the last week in August or first week in September. So I won't know what the baby is when we come home. And by the way, we fly out for Michigan 2 weeks from yesterday!!!! YIPEE!!! Just wanted to keep you guys updated on that. We really like the nursery colors, Kurt and Heather. And we are praying for Charlie to find a job, Hillary. We hope you guys still live in Michigan in 2 weeks. :) And Eric got his MCAT scores back-they are not as good as he was hoping. So he's decided to only apply to osteopathic schools. I think that's a great choice because we might have spent close to $500 applying for medical schools, whereas now we will only be spending $150 on applications. So the fours options for us now are Missouri, Chicago, Lansing, and Maine. Any of those would be fine for both of us. Thanks for all your prayers and if I could be so bold as to ask you guys to pray now that he is accepted into at least one-that would be most helpful. Thanks! Well we'll see you guys in Michigan shortly...and we love ya!

3 comments:

Heather said...

That's so exciting, Kari. I love getting to hear Harvey's heartbeat at my doctor's appointments but the first time is the most exhilarating. Are you liking the doctor you are seeing? How are you feeling? Getting over the first trimester yuckies yet? I hope things are going great and we're looking forward to seeing you guys soon.

Jana said...

Yay! Hearing the heartbeat is always so comforting. I'm glad everything went well at your appointment!

K.E.N said...

Well, I actually haven't seen my doctor yet. I met with a physician's assistant this last visit and I have one at the end of August and will hopefully meet her then. I'm feeling okay. The days are a bit like a rollercoaster. I can be doing fine, but then forget or put off eating for an hour and live to regret it. But, generally I'm okay-just uncomfortable in the heat and a lot more moody. But Eric is a sweetheart and puts up with whatever I dish out-no matter how unreasonable I'm being. So, it's going fine. And I can't wait to be in Michigan and hopefully a little less hot weather.