We are half way through fair week and I wish it were finished already. We have some really long days at the fair. Unfortunately, we have until Saturday.
Yesterday was quite a memory making day. We went up the fair at about 6:30 p.m.-ish so the Lexi could help with the nightly chores. Just as we got there we were trying to figure out what needed to be done and where things were and about 5 minutes later Charlie asked me where Jaxson was. I didn't know. That's not uncommon for him to wander around the 4H small animals barn, usually with his cousins, so we weren't too concerned. We just walked around the barn and looked for him. We couldn't find him right away though and so we became concerned. We enlisted Charlie's parents to help us look and we broadened our search. Charlie's mom asked some of the other 4H-ers to help us and I found the patrolling sheriffs. They got on their walkie-talkies and notified the rest of the sheriffs of the missing Jaxson. We looked for probably 15 to 20 minutes and finally I found him at an old historical church building they have right across the way from the 4H small animal barn. He had followed Lexi over there and because she hadn't told us where she was going, I didn't even know where to find her. Needless to say I was so relieved when I saw him. Then we had to try and tell everyone who was searching that he was O.K. I notified the sheriffs, and the 4H-ers started passing the word along, but we couldn't find Charlie. I tried to call his cell but it didn't ring through. Eventually we all found each other and all was well. Thank Goodness and thanks to our Heavenly Father for watching out for Jaxson. What made me a little mad was that Lexi said she knew he was with her all along. So we had a little chat with her about letting someone know where she was going to be from now on.
Lexi did well in her showing. Her goat was grand champion of the light weight class. Hopefully that means she will get a good amount at the auction for him. I'll post pictures when I get them. Our camera died at the fair so we had to borrow Charlie's sister, Jocelyn's camera.
Charlie hasn't heard from Pinckney yet. We expect to hear by the end of the week. We'll let everyone know as soon as we hear.
1 comment:
Tell Alexis-SUPER JOB! And we hope she gets a lot of money for her grand champion goat. YAHOO!!
We are glad that you found your children and that they were safe. What a crazy day!
Post a Comment