Monday, July 23

Fair Pictures




This is the first time our kids have rode amusement park rides. Alexis and Merrit both earned enough money to buy bracelets that allowed them unlimited rides. The younger kids only got to ride the Merry-go-round because we couldn't justify paying $74 for them to have bracelets. They had fun anyway. Alexis's goat weighed 66 lbs. and she sold it for $2 per pound. We didn't think that was too shabby. She'll have to save most of that for next year's goat though. Grandpa only gives their first goat free, the next ones they have to buy. They cost about $70 a goat. So if she decides to have one next year, she'll have to save up for it. I'm glad the fair is finally over and we can get back to normal again. I can't complain too loudly though because we had gorgeous weather and the kids actually behaved rather well considering. I hope it goes as well next year.
Now we have about a month to finish the rest of the house we are in. We made a list last night of what we still are going to do. It's kind of long so we will be working our butts off most every day. We will probably need a vacation from our summer vacation by the time we are finished. There is a woman at church who is interested in buying it. She is applying for a grant through the City of Flint in order to be able to afford it. She's suppose to find out if she's approved this coming Thursday or Friday. It would be nice to have it already sold. One less thing to worry about.
No word yet from Pinckney. Charlie tried to call the Asst. Superintendent today but he was busy. He'll try again tomorrow. Charlie has an interview at Belleville High tomorrow morning. We'll see how that pans out. We may have to start looking out of state. Les and Kristi want us to move to Texas with them. I'm not so sure I want to do that though.
Has anyone read the new Harry Potter book yet? We don't have a copy yet, but I'm pretty sure that Harry dies. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me if I'm right. I'll be mad if I am. I don't want Harry (or Ron and Hermione for that matter) to die.












3 comments:

Kurt said...

The fair sounds like it was fun. Congratulations to Alexis and Merrit for their hard work and rewards.

Heather just finished Harry Potter last night. She won't give me any details. All she would say is that it was "good." However, you can read a synopsis of the entire book in the Wikipedia article:
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

I haven't read that because I want to experience the book itself, although I'm not really trying to avoid finding out.

Hillary said...

Thanks for the info. I'm not sure I want a synopsis of the whole book, I just want to know who dies. I want to experience the book too, but I think it would be nice to be a little more prepared when I read it. I was pretty upset when Dumbledore died.

Dad said...

Mom says that you can rest easy.