Tuesday, July 24
Back home
We're back home in Michigan! Yea. It is soooo hot in Utah, with no relief in sight in the near future. We had a great visit with everyone though. Besides being able to spend a good deal of time with Jana, Jason, Adelyn, Kari and Eric, we saw all of Dad's brother's and sisters except Judy, and all of my brother's and sisters, except Loren. Erma and I and LaRee were able to find some more family history stories and the Hill's had a nice reunion. My Aunt Inez from Las Vegas was there with three of her seven children. It was so nice to see them all again. I went to a production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat with Kendall's family. It was put on by a community theater group in Kaysville. It was really good. When they sang the song where Joseph gives his family food when they come to Egypt, they brought out signs that said, "potato pearls, jello, red wheat," and they carried it all in #10 cans (like you would dry pack it in). Only in Utah would that be funny, but it was. We also went to a production of Showboat with Kari and Eric in Logan. It was put on by an opera company, so it was very good. One of Jana and Kari's old room mates worked on the costumes for it. We took Kari and Eric out to eat at the same restaurant that we ate at on our honeymoon. We went to Park City hoping it would be cooler in the mountains, but it wasn't much better. Paul came home from his mission while we were there. He's the same old Paul, maybe a little bit more mature. Rodney also got baptized and Paul did it. We saw Angela's kids, they're very cute. She's due next month with the next one (the surprise). She seems to be handling it very well though. Jana arraigned to have Jim taken on a tour of BYU. Hopefully he will think about going away to college. Right now he wants to stay home and work the year before his mission. We think he'd be better off learning how to live on his own first. I'm sure having the girl friend here is a big reason why he doesn't want to go away to school. We'll see how it all works out. Anyway, it's wonderful to be home where it's so cool and nice. See you all soon I hope.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
We're glad you guys are home and safe too. My kids have been wanting to come visit. I'm sure we'll see you for the dinner the first of August. Let us know what you plan on the menu being and what you need us to bring. Love ya!
My shower is planned for that weekend in Petoskey. I don't think Kurt and I are going to be able to make it back in time for dinner on Sunday. My dad's family is using the shower as an excuse to have a big get-together on Sunday where we all make dishes that my Grandma Grace made. It's a tradition I haven't gotten to take part in since before we moved to North Carolina. Could we possibly move family dinner to the next Sunday? Also, we'd love if you guys could come up for the shower, though I think you said there might be a conflict with Charlie's family. My parents have room for everyone, Hicks and Hutchinsons.
Thanks for the offer of staying with your parents. I'm not sure if we'll stay the night or not. That family dinner of yours sounds like fun. I wouldn't want to miss it if I were you either. About the conflict with Charlie's family, well the reunion was canceled so we're off the hook. His family is very interesting.
Post a Comment