The kids are out of school now. Their last day was Friday. I have added pictures of them and their teachers. They are pretty sad about leaving the school. Merrit and Makayla, especially, were having a hard day the last day because they probably won't see there friends again. It's a hard thing for them to understand that they will be able to make new friends.
Monday, June 18
Charlie's job search
Charlie had his first interview last Thursday. It was with an alternative high school in Auburn Hills. We haven't heard back from them yet so we are assuming that isn't very postitive. Charlie felt like the principal, who was part of the interview, didn't really like him. Charlie wasn't real excited for the job anyway. He just got finished teaching at-risk kids and isn't too keen on doing it again. He would have told them no had they offered him the job so it's probably just as well that they didn't. It was good practice for him though, to help him get into the interviewing frame of mind again. He has another interview set up for Hemlock schools this Wednesday. Hemlock is located just west of Saginaw and just south of Midland. Charlie would be teaching social studies there and would have the opportunity to coach freshmen football. We would have to move closer to there as it is about an hour and 10 minutes from Flint Charlie said. I think the kids and I will go with him on Wednesday and after his interview we can drive around and check out the area together. I'll let you know what happens.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
You need to learn how to rotate those pictures, I can't turn my head that easily.
We're pulling for you guys.
Midland is a pretty decent area. Plus, you'd be close to Mt. Pleasant whenever you want to catch some CMU football action. Fire up, Chips!
I'm praying for you! If this doesn't work out, would you consider looking out of state? I know that would really stink, but is it something you've thought about?
What about the school that talked to him for a long time at the job fair? Has he heard from them? Does he have any other interveiws lined up? Where do you want to go? We'll be praying and crossing our fingers.
The thing about rotating the pictures is that I'd have to download them onto my computer and then rotate them and then put them on the blog. That's too many steps for me, so I just download the pictures right from the memory card from my camera. I'm sure some day I'll decide to do it right.
About moving out of state, we have discussed it. Charlie wants to move out of state more than I do. I told him I wouldn't let him start to apply until the end of July. I figure by then if he doesn't have a job in Michigan chances are not good of it happening. We are leaning towards Wyoming if we go out of state. They have upped their teacher's starting pay to $40K a year and with Charlie's year of experience he could get a little more. We figured Wyoming would put us closer to our Utah family too. But I really hope we can stay in Michigan.
The school that talked to him so long at the job fair was Grand Ledge and they haven't contacted him back. He's emailed them twice to make sure they got the extra information they asked for and they haven't emailed back to say they received it. There have been lots of budget cutbacks in the schools in Michigan and maybe Grand Ledge decided they couldn't afford to hire the teachers they intended to.
We don't really know where we want to end up, except I would like to be in Michigan. We are willing to go anywhere. Charlie has another interview set up for Thursday afternoon that he just set up today. It's for another alternative school but his time it's in the Belliville area, it's called VanBuren, I think. He declined to interview with another alternative school in Manistee. He knows he doesn't want to work for an alternative school and we thought the drive was just too far for him to go the interview just for practice.
So that's it for now. Sorry this was such a long reply. Thanks for all your prayers on our behalf.
Well, I had just written a really long reply but my computer ate it. I'm too tired to write it again right now, so I'll write it later. Good Night!
Nevermind, I thought that really long reply I had written had been eaten, but then I saw it on the blog. Yeah, now I don't have to re-write it.:)!
Post a Comment