I've been feeling fine, this really has been such an easy pregancy and I feel so blessed. There are so many women in my ward that have had difficult pregnancies, that I can't complain. The only thing that has been difficult are my extremely swollen feet and ankles. Jason has been great about massaging them, but at the end of the day all I want is to put them up and not do anything because they are so sore.
I've had three baby showers (ward, friends, coworkers) and we've received so many gifts, it has been great. It's tough being poor! The only things we have left to buy are a car seat, crib sheets, bottles, and diaper bag. I think we're going to put off getting a stroller until we get to Memphis. We'll see. My coworkers made me a "diaper cake" and I'm including pictures. It is made out of diapers wrapped together with random baby items decorating it. Very clever and useful! There is a doll on top, thermometer, electric outlet plugs, ribbons for hair, BYU and UVSC onesies, lotion, pacifier, shoes, baby spoon, etc. It looked a little better when I first opened it, but I took some things off of it and tried to put them back on for the picture. I think it's adorable. I tried explaining it to Mom, but it's hard to picture, so here it is:

3 comments:
I went to shower last month and the sister-in-law of the girl it was for made one of these diaper cakes for her. It was really cool. That was the first time I had seen it. That is neat that you got one. It's good that you were able to have so many showers. They always help out. I was thinking I'd send you some money to help buy a car seat as my baby gift to you, or would you prefer something else? Let me know. You kind of need a car seat to bring Adalyn home in. Take it easy and enjoy these last few weeks with Jason, they will go by fast and then you won't have hardly any time with just the two of you anymore. I'm excited for you and can't wait to see what she looks like.
You really don't need to worry about getting us anything. If you really would like, money or a gift certificate would be perfect, but we're fine. The stressful part is getting our house ready in time...I feel like there is so much to clean! I'm taking this Friday off so we can get a head-start. Wish us luck! I, too, can't wait to see what she looks like!
No, seriously, I want to send something, so I just will. Good luck cleaning. It's not one of my favorite things to do. Don't hesitate to ask for help, especially your visiting teachers. That's what your church family is for.
Post a Comment