I've set up my thesis defense date for April 25th. It will be the culmination of three years of work on this project and I'm already nervous. Thought you guys would like to know. I think it will go OK. Kurt and I are going to be in Greenville for the beginning of the week. After the defense I'm hoping to go to the beach for a day or two and then head home. We will definitely be back in time for the big Gala event.
3 comments:
That is so exciting! And I'm sure you'll do well. Do you find out that day if it's accepted or do you have to wait? What is the process? And I am certainly glad you guys will be there for gala-it just wouldn't be the same without you. GOOD LUCK!
I'm sure there will be such a sigh of relief when it is through! Congrats. Do you have much more preparation? I hope to someday go back to school, but the idea of preparing and defending a thesis doesn't sound all that thrilling. And I echo Kari's sentiments, we can't wait to come out there for Gala...oh, and to play some Carcassonne... :)
I'm doing pretty well on my timeline. Some days I get more done than others but it seems to be working out well. I'll find out the day of my presentation what changes they will want me to make to my paper. It really depends on the professors on my panel how long it will take for me to actually get it done. I'd guess I'll have a couple of re-drafts before they accept my final paper.
Jana - preparing a thesis is definitely one of the biggest challenges I've ever taken on. I've always been a good student but this has been a very different sort of venture. I'll be glad when it is done. I'll let you know when it is all over if I think it was worth it. Right now I'm just beginning to see a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel.
Post a Comment