I found this recipe in the magazine that comes with the Herald newspaper and it got rave reviews from Dad and Jim and the people at the storehouse. It's called Beef Taco Skillet and here it is;
1 lb. ground beef 1/2 cup water
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) Campbell's Tomato Soup 6 flour tortillas (6"), cut into 1" pieces
(Regular or 25% Less Sodium) 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup salsa
1. Cook beef in 10" skillet until well browned, stirring to break up meat. Pour off fat.
2. Stir in soup, salsa, water, tortillas. Heat to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook for 5 min. Stir. Top with cheese. Makes 4 servings.
Creamy Mexican Fiesta: Stir in 1/2 cup sour cream with soup.
Ranchero Style: Use corn tortillas instead of flour tortillas and shredded Mexican cheese blend instead of Cheddar.
2 comments:
The recipe didn't post as I had typed it and some of the ingredients ran together. There are 6 different ingredients, hamburger, soup, salsa, water, tortillas and cheese.
That sounds good, Jason and I will have to try it. We love a good (and easy!) Mexican style dish. Thanks!
Post a Comment