Friday, December 8

First doctor's appointment

On Wednesday I had my first doctor's appointment after learning I was pregnant. It was such a neat experience!

First of all, I really like the clinic I go to, and I like my doctor. Kari recommended her, and I'm glad I listened. She's very efficient, and no frills, which I like. They are full service-- have a lab, do the ultrasound, do the exams, everything is right there. It was nice.

I didn't realize they would do an ultrasound on my first visit, but they did. Jason didn't come because he had class, but if we would have known they were going to do an ultrasound we would have scheduled it better. Oh well, there will be more ultrasounds for him to see. But it was amazing! I could tell where the head was, and see the little starts of legs and arms. I could SEE the heart pumping...but what was truly amazing was the heart beat! They must have had the machine hooked up to surround-sound speakers because it was echoing all over the room (or maybe it only seemed that way to me). It was WONDERFUL to see the little life inside of me. If I can find a scanner, I will post the ultrasound picture on here.

My baby, however, was too small for the date I gave them as my estimated due date. I thought I was 11 weeks along, but they said I was probably only 10 weeks. They pushed my due date back a week, now it is July 7th. I'm glad I still have so much time to get ready. Click here to see the what my baby should look like now, it's interesting!
Thank you for your prayers and well wishes!

3 comments:

Dad said...

We are very thrilled that everything is going well for you two right now. We'll be excited to see the progress. I told Makayla today that you were having a baby and she asked, "Does she have a big tummy?" I told her not yet. It will come sooner than you expect.

Heather said...

your first ultrasound, how cool! I got to see an ultra sound of my heart last spring but hearing someone else's heart must be a thousand times more exciting. Hope you can get those pics scanned. We'd love to see them.

Hillary said...

It's so fun to be a mother expecting her first. Soak it up and really enjoy it. It doesn't seem like you get that chance as much after the first one.