Sunday, October 21

Carving Pumpkins

It's been a couple of years since we've managed to pull off pumpkin carving. Well, we did it tonight for family home evening. We had a good time and I think the kids did a great job. For the most part, they all carved their pictures by themselves. Jaxson, Merrit and Alexis got to carve pumpkins from our garden. We've never been able to grow them so big. We were pretty excited. We did have a fourth giant pumpkin but it grew into the goat pen and they ate it. They usually don't eat pumpkins, but they made an exception for our giant one. We were pretty disappointed.

6 comments:

Mom said...

Those are really cool looking carvings! Did they have a pattern for them, because some of them are pretty intricate. Well done.

Hillary said...

Everyone had a pattern except Jaxson (and Charlie helped him draw the shapes on his pumpkin).

Jana said...

Those look great! I can't carve that well, mine always look so jagged. I'm impressed!

Kurt said...

Nice pumpkins! We'll probably going to try doing our carving this weekend. I'll post pictures if we do. Or maybe even if we don't!

Mom said...

This is from Grandpa:

Well done everyone! Those are very impressive pumpkins. We ought to try to do something fancy like those.

Jimbobalouis said...

Those are some BIG pumpkins! They look amazing! Good Job!