Monday, August 6

Holiday Plans

I'm stuck on bedrest now, so please forgive me jumping the gun here a little bit but all I have is time on my hands.  I thought it would be a good time to start the Thanksgiving/Christmas conversation.  Kari and Jana - since you're the out of towners, what are you guys brewing up for the holidays?  The Hairs are going to be in Utah for Christmas, right?  Its cool that Jason's brother is returning near a major holiday, make it a fun double celebration.  What about the Peterson's?  Any plans yet?  Would everyone be able to make it if we celebrated Christmas at Thanksgiving again?

Whatever get together plans we decide on, what year is it for the presents?  Are kids giving to kids or is it a family present year?  I think we did family presents last year but I'm not sure.

Quick update from here - no baby yet, obviously.  I'm having more frequent and intense contractions but I haven't actually moved into labor yet.  I'm now on to full bed rest since it is the only way to keep the contractions down.  Give me a call to chat anytime.  I'm either here or at the Dr.'s office.


5 comments:

Jimbobalouis said...

I'm pretty sure last year the families gave presents to each other. I'm all for Christmas at Thanksgiving. I had so much fun last year, but I know it's mostly up to the out of towners. :D

Hillary said...

You are right, it was family gifts last year. So this year would be kids giving to kids. I was actually just thinking about this, Heather, and thinking that we should do the drawing at your house at the baby celebration party. But since plans have changed, we'll just have to come up with a different plan. It would be nice to celebrate Christmas again, no matter what time of year. I know money is tight for Kari and Jana, but it would be awesome if they could make it up. Let us know what you guys are thinking.

Hillary said...

P.S. Hang in there, Heather. There isn't much time to go. Sorry you are stuck in bed. I know that can't be fun for you.

Jana said...

We were just talking about this the other day. Unfortunately, with our big trip to Utah (first weekend/second week of December), and our impending move SOMEWHERE (who knows where) we don't think we should plan to come up for Thanksgiving. Kari and I have discussed getting together for Thanksgiving, since she is almost certain Eric won't be able to get any time off. SO...I don't think the out-of-towners will be coming in town this year. Sorry for the bad news!

And yes, I'm sorry you're stuck in bed too. I did that for just a week with Addie, and it was simply AWFUL. AWFUL! But Walter is almost here, yay!

K.E.N said...

Sorry this is a bit late..I rarely turn on the computer because of little fingers that like the click click of the keys. Anyway, onto the question at hand:
Jana is right, Eric's rotation in November is surgery and he might have a few hours off for Thanksgiving, but probably not.
He does have Christmas off and we have talked about coming for the week before Christmas-but it will be at the end of our dispersement money (we get our next installment in Jan) and therefore we were just going to see what things looked like when we get there. We would probably know for sure at the beginning of December.