Wednesday, August 8

a non-update

Our mangled trampoline straddling the goat fence.  A tragedy.




So, our non-update:

We were buying a house.  A short sale.  A bad idea.  After five months, two appraisals, two different lenders, a daft seller's agent, and oogles and oogles of worry and heartache, we've decided to drop it. We found out a week ago that another lien on the house showed up (after all this time!) and we couldn't take it anymore.  Boo.

We put an offer on another great house about two weeks ago, but lost the bid.  It was a foreclosure and there were three other offers.  I'm still sad about it.

So, here we are, still waaaaaay out in the country without any prospects.  We're enrolling Addie in kindergarten (kindergarten!!! I can hardly believe it!!!) and will continue to look at houses on a more relaxed schedule.  We decided yesterday to rent closer to town, but decided against it today.  Who knows what we'll think tonight. 

Jason has left the decision, more or less, up to me. 

Right after an entire day of errand-running in town with three kids, two of whom have missed their naps, in 90 degree HUMID weather, and still with a 45 minute trek home, I'm apt to say LET'S MOVE CLOSER!  But on the mornings that are relaxed (like today), and I realize our rent here is cheap (no utilities either!) and Macie will be in preschool two mornings each week (so I'll only have one kid to take around town to do errands), I am apt to say LET'S STAY HERE UNTIL WE FIND SOMETHING PERMANENT. 

Who knows what we'll do???

And now, some pictures, since we have long been absent from the blog-


Norah (5) and Amira (7), Jami's two girls.  She now has a little baby boy, Naim, who was born about 2 weeks ago.  This is when Addie had the stomach flu while we were in Utah, thus her awesome face.
Jami is hiding her big prego belly
Jason and Jami's husband, Mohamed.  I swear he looks exactly the same as he did when we met him nearly 9 years ago.  I don't think he ages.

All of our kids LOVELOVE corn on the cob, they can't get enough!
Outside Addie, the only Addie we have

Best Friends in fancy clothes

Men watching the Olympics

A rare picture with me in it!  Taken by Addie

This boy of ours is OBSESSED with the recycling.  He takes the cereal boxes and milk jugs everywhere.  It is hilarious.

5 comments:

Mom said...

Thanks for the pictures, it was fun to see Jamie and her daughters. Did you get your computer fixed?

Jana said...

Our computer just started magically working again! Yay!

Kurt said...

Sorry about your trampoline. Just tell the girls that the whole world is a trampoline and they can jump around anywhere!

Jana said...

Good idea! The girls aren't that sad, actually. They've never mentioned that they miss it. In all honesty, it's me and Jason that miss it the most! We had some serious bonding time on that tramp!

Hillary said...

Fun pictures. How do you have the patience to upload so many at one time? It takes me forever to upload pictures onto the blog. I hate it.