Thursday, April 5
32 week ultrasound
At my 20 week ultrasound they thought they saw an extra piece to my placenta and so they wanted to have an ultrasound at 32 weeks-when the placenta was bigger-to confirm yes or no. So yesterday I went in for my regular appointment and they gave me a quick ultrasound. They did confirm yes that there is an extra piece-it's not a big deal, they just needed to make sure because if there was they just need to make sure it comes out so that there isn't any hemorrhaging later. And as an added bonus, she checked for the gender and it is confirmed 100% that we are for sure having a boy (phew!) and took one or two pictures of his face. Now that he's bigger and has more soft tissue on his face you can see in the picture above that he really is a human and not an alien. I actually think he looks a lot like my other kids...I mean, look at those cheeks! She measured his body too and his head is measuring around 35 weeks and he is 5.4 lbs (yikes!) already. She showed me a line graph with a line of normal babies weight at this time and a line of his weight and his was WAY above the normal weight line...hahaha...good thing I've decided to be induced a week early, I don't know if I would be able to push him out if I waited. I am really getting excited to meet him and love him...6 weeks seems like forever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
That's a big one! At our ultrasound yesterday we got to see the baby opening and closing his mouth. It was cute and creepy all at once since he just looks like a skeleton right now.
Can't wait to meet your new little one.
hahaha...I love the skeleton ultrasounds, they are so weird and cool. I can't wait to meet YOUR baby-I'm excited to come for apple picking in Sept.
There will be so many little babies when you come for apple picking, Kari. It will be crazy fun!
That is a really good picture Kari! Your baby looks so cute in the Ultrasound with the chubby cheeks ha. Can't wait to meet him!
Post a Comment