Monday, November 7

Jamie Hyneman

That was Harvey's costume this year: Jamie Hyneman from Mythbusters. Simon was Adam Savage, and the four of us went as the "build team". I was a bit apprehensive because when we were getting the boys dressed, Harvey started throwing a fit that he didn't have a cool shirt like Simon. We told him if he was good through the pictures he could wear whatever he wanted. Since we finished the pictures outside, he could see other kids already trick-or-treating, so he forgot about the shirt and we were off.

Simon actually wanted to stop after only a handful of houses, so Joe kept feeding him candy to keep him going. Harvey loved it. This is the first Halloween that he's really gotten excited about, so it was a lot of fun for us, too. We left a bowl of candy at our door so we could both go out. Harvey was so much fun. He kept saying how much he loved him costume. A lot of people even recognized who they were supposed to be.



And here's a picture of my latest creation. It's our baby-shower gift for one of Heather's cousins.


4 comments:

Mom said...

I think the costumes were great. Loved the mustache. I don't know that I've ever seen a purple owl though.

Hillary said...

I'm so glad you guys had such a fun Halloween. Kurt, you are getting pretty good at crocheting. Nice owl!

K.E.N said...

Those costumes are seriously the best I've ever seen...they are just so funny. And crocheting those little creatures are my favorite shower gift because they won't get another like it. And I like the purple owl.

Jana said...

Awesome costumes! And it's hilarious that 4 year olds liked those costumes that much. Does Harvey watch that show with you?