Tuesday, July 5

What's UP?

Since no one has posted to the blog in so long, I thought I would show you what I've been doing in the last week. Dad and I went to the Howell Balloon Fest last Saturday and watched the sky divers land. The balloon launch was pushed back for two hours to wait for the wind to die down and we didn't want to stay that long, so we didn't see the balloons - maybe next year.
Marilyn Crofts, Betsy Bennett and I went to Crossroads Village in Flint last week, it's a smaller version of Greenfield Village, except that the sawmill, lumber mill, and cider mill all work and make stuff that you can buy. We watched a magic show in the opera house there behind the girls after we rode on the Huckleberry Railroad. We really enjoyed the day.
Dad & I and Jim & Joy went to Greenfield Village on July 4th. It was a beautiful day and we all enjoyed it.
Joy made this bird out of an apple. Pretty neat huh? We made homemade oreo ice cream for family dinner tonight. Those of you who weren't here really missed out on some GOOD ice cream. Maybe next time.

4 comments:

Kurt said...

Sorry we missed out on the ice cream. It was good that we stayed home, though, because even with Harvey going to bed on time he was really tired this morning. Hope the watermelon we sent was good!

Jimbobalouis said...

The watermelon is very good, we are going to enjoy it for a couple of more days!

Jimbobalouis said...

Sorry, it seems that Jim is signed in on our computer again.

Jana said...

I've been meaning to comment, but don't seem to have the time lately. We're still just trying to get settled, organized, and back into some sort of routine. Jason's parents left Tues morning, so it's finally time for us to just BE here. Ahh...

Jim, I like the goatee!