I've been looking for a dog for the last month or so. I went back and forth about breeds and whether I wanted a puppy or not. Well, Friday I found a great fit! Everyone, I'm pleased to introduce our new dog, Dublin!
He's a 6 year old shih tzu/ shelty mix and seems to be perfectly well behaved. He does need a trip to the groomers. He's settling in and getting used to life around here. He's housetrained (a "must" for Kurt), knows basic commands, and walks great on a leash. He slept all night on the floor in our bedroom without a peep. He does have this funny husky bark though so far he's only barked when the neighbor came to the door last night. We got him from a rescue. His previous owner had passed away. I'm super excited. Harvey is super excited if a little disappointed that Dublin isn't as jumpy and interactive as my folk's dog. Kurt is indifferent leaning towards pleasantly surprised (I think, he can correct me if I'm wrong). All in all, I see a lot of good years to come with Dublin.
I know I haven't posted in a long time. I wanted to let you all know how much better I am doing. I finally got a clean bill of health from my OB after the surgery and the complications. I am up and about and enjoying the spring weather. While I still have periods where I'm down, for the most part I'm getting back into living. I know we were in your thoughts and prayers and we appreciate it. Thanks for all of the support.
5 comments:
We have talked a lot about a dog...and seeing that one makes me want one all over again. He is CUTE! Kurt'll warm up...are you going to bring him with you camping? Noah would LOVE to play with him. And I am really happy to hear that you are doing better, we have been thinking a lot about you. Hooray for Dublin!
Dublin! He is really cute! But wow, already 6? How long do shih tzu/shelty's live? Isn't that pretty old for a dog? I really have no idea. Oh, I hope you bring him camping! And thanks for posting, we've been wondering how you're doing, so it's great to hear good news. And I second Kari, Hooray for Dublin! (Love his name, too.)
I think it's totally awesome that you guys got a dog. He is so cute. I'm sure Harvey just loves him. I think it's great that you could get him from a rescue. That's how we got Mosi, our cat. I think it's better when they come already house trained.
I'm glad to hear you are feeling better, Heather. I've missed you. Can't wait to see you at family dinner on Saturday.
He is cute. I've never been a dog person, but I think it's great that you're happy with him.
Well I'm glad that a freak occurrence led me to check the blog for once! Personally this seems like out of the blue to me, but then again I've never really been a big dog fan. I'm glad to see that you got a small dog though. Large ones make me uncomfortable.
And Jason, 6 is about middle aged for a dog. I had a friend growing up that had a bunch of little dogs like Dublin and most of them lived to be 12 or 13.
Post a Comment