It's a good thing our ward planned an egg hunt and party, or our kids wouldn't have done anything this Easter. We didn't dye eggs this year (I know, a terrible sin), didn't have an egg hunt at home, didn't have Easter baskets...nothing. In fact, for the ward party, we only had one basket for Addie- Macie carried a pink purse from our dress-up box. Our lack of planning, and frankly, lack of caring this year is pitiful. I am sad about not dying eggs, I love doing that, but oh well.

The egg hunt was at a family's house in our ward. They have chickens and chicks, bunnies, cats and donkeys. Addie stayed in the chick pen nearly the entire time, she only left for the few minutes of the egg hunt because she knew she'd be getting candy. We were worried she was going to strangle one of the chicks to death, she was holding him so tight! She LOVES all animals. I'm excited for her to visit the Hicks' house--she might stow away one of your bunnies! She keeps taking me on "bunny hunts" in our backyard. I've promised her that if we can catch a bunny in a box, we can keep him. Haha. We've never even seen a bunny back there, just tons and tons of squirrels.

Looking in at the chicks.
Macie, on the otherhand, is not as fond of animals. Macie loved feeding bread to the chickens, but wouldn't go near the donkeys or bunnies. She is absolutely terrified of dogs, and will go near cats but won't pet them. I think she only liked the chickens because they were behind a fence and she could throw the bread far away from her. I was surprised she got up enough courage to poke the little chick Addie was holding a few times.
Scared of the Easter Bunny! (It IS a pretty scary costume. Poor guy, he was roasting in there, it was a very hot day!)
The last picture is just a fun moment. All three kids crowded together on my bed while I flung the blanket over and over on top of them. They really do all love being together and we enjoy seeing them all laugh and play. I know to savor it now, because when they're teenagers, this might not be the case!

3 comments:
We have never dyed eggs-just colored with crayons-nor have we ever done baskets and what Noah collects eggs in is a sand bucket. I wouldn't feel so bad...it's cool to be different.
We have never had Easter basket either. Our kids use plastic shopping bags to collect eggs in. We didn't dye eggs this year either. I only felt slightly bad about that because it's not one of my favorite things to do. I actually didn't make Easter a big deal this year, I think mostly because we did Easter with the Hutchinsons the week before Easter and we got together with the Hicks family the week after. So, honestly, I didn't really think about doing anything special for Easter itself. I'd say that you shouldn't feel too bad either, Jana.
I'll try to get our Easter pictures from Mom and Dad's up some time soon.
Thanks for the pictures. I'm so sad that I haven't seen five of my grandchildren since Christmas. I wish I could see them more often.
Post a Comment